July 6th, 2023 - Release Notes 31.3
New Notification Capabilities: New Cloud Accounts Added to the Bill
Use Case: Customers do not always know when a net-new account has been added to their bill.
MSPs will want to update reseller links, and enterprise customers want to ensure their new accounts are in the correct families for capabilities such as unsharing logic.
Customers can now configure an email notification to be sent when a new account has been detected on their AWS or Azure bill
- Emails can be configured at the “L1” as well as the “L2” if you are using that construct
- Alert will indicate the originating paying entity (AWS payer, Azure CSP, Azure EA, etc) by both the project name and the provider ID
- Added pricing tier support for SQS.
- Add a button to delete Active AWS Credentials - used for when a project no longer needs to collect data however the historic data needs to be retained (i.e. an L2 customer switches L1 provider, and historic data is needed even though new data ingestion is not needed)
- Clarified that for the IAM Password BPC that per AWS the password policy must have been customized by the end user on AWS in order to accurately check
- Fixed RDS Cost Detail summary where Instance Data Transfer Out Cost was displaying incorrectly when choosing list cost.
- Improved accuracy of the Azure Perimeter Assessment feature which omitted certain findings when the ‘Filter out any Location with no publicly accessible resources or VPCs’ option was selected.
- Fixed an issue where Advanced Grouping and Daily Summary would display the incorrect EC2 Instance Size.
- Fixed an issue with API GetDetailedBillingFile
- Resolved an issue where an Azure MCA was unable to re-credential
MSP Reseller Link / L2 Customer Improvements
- Added ability for MSPs to support list cost in Cost Summary emails
- L2 Notification Capabilities: New Cloud Accounts Added to the Bill (see above)
List Cost can now be sent in email notifications, at the MSP or Distributor’s discretion (access via Email Settings, or Manage Emails):
- Summary of Daily Bill
- Summary of Monthly Bill
- Daily Consolidated Billing Summary
- Monthly Consolidated Billing Summary