February 2nd, 2024 - Release Notes 33.6
NEW: Cost BI – Data Analysis Tool
We’ve added a new capability called Cost BI (Business Intelligence) to surface more granular detail regarding cost and usage within your cloud bill. In CMx, find Cost BI under the Cost menu.
With Cost BI, we have introduced a more robust solution to analyzing cost data. With this tool, users have more granular visibility on items (Accounts, Services, Descriptions, etc.) that can appear without needing to sort by a group by. Make changes in real time, move things around fluidly and dynamically, and see updates in real time. Users have the ability to load a dashboard and then drill into and analyze the details.
Users can see multiple cost types side-by-side (IF user has access to multiple cost types), and quickly drill into your costs and the services that are generating them.
NOTE: File Exports (csv format) are streamlined, omitting null data. Each item is now filled with relevant data in the Group-By, avoiding white space and simplifying downstream analysis you might conduct in Excel or other BI tools.
Support Desk Update
CloudCheckr Technical Support is now using Zendesk as the primary ticket management system, helping us provide an improved support experience while also streamlining support across the Spot product portfolio, including Spot Security and the upcoming Billing Engine and Cost Intelligence products.
Continue to contact our technical support team as usual:
- Click on Contact Support from the Success Center
- Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Call our support directly at +1 (585) 397-3200, Monday – Friday, 8 AM to 9 PM Eastern Time
(NOTE: this is a new phone number as of Jan 1st, 2024)
For those tickets created on January 22nd and beyond, CloudCheckr Technical Support responses will come from email@example.com. Please be sure to add this email to your approved senders list. All technical support tickets opened prior to January 22 will continue to be updated and managed in our legacy ticketing system (Jira Service Desk).
Please send a message to firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions or feedback.
- We have added the Transaction Type filter to the Custom Usage Rates report, allowing users to add boundaries based on transaction type that will impact certain rates.
- We improved the EC2 cost summary report where we now show total unused reserved cost and unused reserve instance count that reflects more accurately the RI usage overview in an account.
- Addressed an issue with Azure cost ingestion being prevented, if on the previous run no new cost data was available.
- Resolved an issue where the Azure Cost (Percent) alert did not display any tag keys when Filter By: Lookup tags is selected.
- Addressed a scenario where customers could not create a new dashboard pane for Cost Monthly Summary type that included Azure Payees.
- When using List Cost Analysis, we restored presenting the L2 RI unused hours line item.