March 23rd, 2023 - Release Notes 30.1
New Month-end Finalization Capabilities for AWS
- Added ability to delay billing period locking to a specified date for AWS Payer Accounts to allow customers to automatically include out-of-cycle billing charges before a month is finalized in CloudCheckr.
The day the report is finalized - the default option
Day _ of every month - Will wait for that day to complete before locking the previous month. For example, if you choose the 10th day of every month February will lock on the 10th of March.
The last day of each month - For example, February will not lock and finalize until the last day of March.
The change to the locking date will help with the case of AWS bills becoming finalized but Credits or Support Charges have not yet been applied to the account. Usually, AWS will apply for Credits after the bill has been finalized (i.e. Invoice Number written to the CUR) which would previously require a reload on a payer account for it to be reflected correctly in CloudCheckr. By changing when you want your lock to be performed you can ensure you are selecting a date after you normally see credits applied to your account, avoiding the need to manually reload payer accounts.
- Added ability to email a notification that a month's billing data has been finalized (AWS and Azure)
Paying Account ID is visible and usable as a grouping option in Advanced Grouping so that customers can tie back the presented spend to the original owner of the overall bill with which it is associated
- AWS Provider ID and friendly name for the payer account associated with the linked account
Azure, we present the ID of the CSP, EA, or MCA associated with the subscription
- MCA or EA: the enrollment/agreement ID
- CSPs: the GUID displayed as the provider ID for the CSPs on the list of accounts
- Inclusion of resource tag data for the Elasticsearch AWS service
Admin page “Manage Emails” does not save % cost alert configurations
- Setting now saves as expected
Improperly Tagged Resources report showing terminated instances
- These instances which have been terminated are now removed from the Improperly Tagged Resources report
CIS Benchmarks toggles added:
- 4.6, 4.9, 4.12, 4.13